Stir-Fried Beef And Broccoli With Oyster Sauce
5 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed and sliced thin across grain on slight bias
3 tablespoons soy sauce
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1-1⁄4 pounds broccoli, florets cut into bite-size pieces, stalks peeled and cut on bias into 1⁄8-inch-thick slices
1⁄3 cup water
1 small red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces
3 medium scallions, sliced 1⁄2-inch thick on bias
- FOR THE SAUCE: Whisk all ingredients together in small bowl and set aside.
- FOR THE STIR-FRY: Combine beef and soy sauce in medium bowl, toss to coat, and let marinate at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour, stirring once. Meanwhile, combine garlic, ginger, and 1-1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil in small bowl.
- Drain beef and discard liquid. Heat 1-1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add half of beef in single layer, break up clumps, and cook, without stirring, for 1 minute. Stir beef and continue to cook until beef is browned, about 30 seconds. Transfer beef to medium bowl. Repeat with 1-1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil and remaining beef.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to skillet and heat until just smoking. Add broccoli and cook for 30 seconds. Add water to pan, cover, and lower heat to medium. Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes, then transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Add remaining 1-1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil to skillet, increase heat to high and heat until just smoking. Add bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until spotty brown, about 1-1⁄2 minutes. Clear center of skillet, add garlic mixture, and cook, mashing mixture into pan, until fragrant, 15 to 20 seconds, then stir mixture into peppers.
- Return beef and broccoli to skillet and toss to combine. Whisk sauce to recombine, then add to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and evenly distributed, about 30 seconds. Transfer to platter, sprinkle with scallions, and serve.
Thanks for using No Nonsense Recipes. We strive to make it a pleasant experience. You won't find ads or long, boring stories here. If you're enjoying the site, consider signing up for an account. You'll be supporting the project and gaining access to additional awesome features, such as:
- Search recipes
- Submit your own recipes
- View and make comments on recipes
- Rate recipes
- Save and tag recipes to quickly find them later
Accounts are free for 30 days and then only $19 USD per year or $2.57 per month. What have you got to lose? 😃
Start your Free Trial today!